This bundle contains 1kg of Koshihikari semi-white + 1kg Brown Koshihikari + 6 packets of Rice Cakes.
- Koshihikari semi-white rice has a unique and delicious flavour. It is a Japanese style sticky, short grain rice that is suitable for sushi, risotto, paella and rice desserts. It can also be used as an accompaniment for stews and stir fries.
- Brown Koshihikari is a short grain Japanese style sticky rice (low to medium GI). It is suitable for sushi and risotto and as an accompaniment for stews, curries an stir fries. It takes about 25 to 30 minutes to cook. Rinse in cold water before cooking.
- It also has a lower GI than most other rices including arborio. Our gentle milling technique allows us to leave some of the bran on the grain thus retaining a lot of the goodness and flavour.
- This years koshihikari has a some broken grains. It still tastes great but may need a shorter cooking time and less water.
- Koshihikari: Rinse in cold water before cooking and use 2 cups of water to 1 cup of rice if using the absorption method or a rice cooker. Use less water if you don't want it to be so sticky. Cooks in 12-14 minutes.
The Rice and Pop Cakes Bundle
If there is a problem with the quality of the product we must be notified within 30 days if a refund or replacement is to be given.
Refunds will not be issued if the product is stored incorrectly ie rice and rice flour need to be stored below 12 degrees for the longest shelf life. To obtain a refund the product should be returned in it's original packaging or photographic evidence of the quality problem provided.
The customer must cover the cost of returning the product but this will be refunded along with the cost of the product once the product is returned and the quality problem is proven.